The Abergavenny Food Festival takes place over a weekend in September across the pretty market town in Monmouthshire, Wales.
The 2018 festival is set to be one big celebration as it’s the events 20 year birthday and I’ve teamed up again with Abergavenny Food Festival to giveaway 2 wristbands and cooking class tickets to one of you!
Abergavenny Food Festival is special as the local community is very much a part of its success, you’ll find the beautiful Indoor Market is very much at the core of the festival and the hill top castle and Castle Street car park (for the Farmyard) are tied into the event too.
Monmouthshire is also one of the best areas for agriculture, home to 4 Vineyards and 2 Michelin star restaurants, The Walnut Tree and The Whitebrook. I also highly rate The Angel Hotel (recipients of the UK Tea Guild’s top national award) who do my favourite Afternoon Tea.
Further reading: A festive stay at The Angel Hotel, Abergavenny
Taking place around the peak of British harvest season means you can expect to find all kinds of fresh produce in market stalls dotted across the town centre. I find it very challenging to decide what to eat as there’s so many tempting options!
This is a family-friendly event where children can come and enjoy activities like The Farmyard, a place where they can learn and interact with the animals. You can also expect debates, forages and tours into the countryside and a special 20th birthday party at the castle on Saturday night.
Budding chefs and passionate foodies will love the chef demonstrations and workshops, hosted by industry heavyweights like Jack Stein (Rick Stein Group), Allan Jenkins (Observer Food Monthly) and Grace Dent (Guardian Food Critic).
Further reading: Highlights from the 2017 Abergavenny Food Festival
You can also expect to find plenty of top Welsh talent such as the Hang Fire BBQ ladies Samantha and Shauna, MasterChef finalist Imran Nathoo and Michelin Star Chef James Sommerin who’s signature restaurant is based in Penarth.
You can view the upcoming schedule on the Abergavenny Food Festival website.
Top tips for Abergavenny Food Festival
- Arrive early if you’re driving as the car parks fill up fast, or look up staying overnight and making a weekend of it
- Research the masterclasses, debates and tastings on the website and book in advance
- Don’t be impulsive – explore the range of food and drink stalls and purchase later
- Venture beyond the market and high street to the castle and gardens
- Learn and try something new
**WIN** 2 x weekend entry wristbands to Abergavenny Food Festival plus entry to Skye McAlpine’s cooking class “Venetian Sweet and Savoury”
I’m giving away two wristbands that’ll give you entry for the full weekend, as well as 2 tickets to Skye McAlpine’s cooking class who will be teaching recipes from her first book ‘A Table in Venice’.
To enter, you simply need to follow me on Twitter and retweet this tweet about the festival by midday (BST) on the 31st August 2018. Full terms and conditions available in the box below, good luck!
Terms and Conditions for the Abergavenny Food Festival giveaway:
1. The prize package is two weekend wristbands for Abergavenny Food Festival 2018 and two entry passes to Skye McAlpine’s cooking class on the 15th September at 12:00pm. Travel expenses or any other expenses incurred to fulfil the prize are not included.
2. The giveaway is open to UK residents only who must be over 18 at the time of entering. Employees of Abergavenny Food Festival and their immediate family members are not be permitted to enter.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this giveaway.
4. To enter, follow me on twitter (twitter.com/explorewithed) and retweet this tweet. Please note; if you have a protected/private twitter account your entry for this prize draw may not be visible and therefore may not be counted.
5. Only one entry per person is permitted. If I become aware of anyone using multiple twitter accounts to enter the prize draw their entries will be ineligible.
6. Closing date and time for entry will be the 31/08/2018 at Midday BST. No further entries for the giveaway will be counted after this time.
7. I reserve the right to cancel the giveaway without notice in exceptional, unforeseen circumstances that is beyond my control (i.e technical fault, act of God).
8. No cash alternative for the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable. The prize is subject to availability and Abergavenny Food Festival reserves the right to substitute the prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
9. The winner will be selected at random using TweetDraw’s random retweet function. Please view TweetDraw’s page and disclaimer for more information about how they select a winner. Please also note you must be following me to be a winner (retweet from a non-follower will be discounted).
10. The winner will be asked to direct message me their full name and email address on Twitter for me to pass on to Abergavenny Food Festival in order to fulfil the prize. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 48 hours of notification, I reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
11. The prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by UK law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the UK.
12. The winner agrees to the use of his/her full name in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
13. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by sending me an email or direct message on Twitter.
14. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Thanks to Abergavenny Food Festival for sponsoring this giveaway. All opinions my own.